New Zealand Car Rental
New Zealand Car Rental: New Zealand requires drivers to be a minimum
of 21 years of age to be able to hire a car and hold a current non-probationary
drivers license from their home country.
With an unspoilt environment, small population and extensive range of
natural attractions, the ideal way to visit and explore New Zealand is
by rental car.
Petrol in New Zealand comes in leaded and unleaded grades and is sold
by the litre. Petrol stations are plentiful, but trading hours vary. Most
petrol stations will accept major international credit cards.
New Zealander's drive on the left-hand side of the road. Maximum speed
limits in towns and cities are 50km/h (30mph) and 100km/h (60mph) on the
open road, unless signs indicate alternative speeds.
General pick up or drop off points for Rental cars are from New Zealand's
main cities some of these are:
General rental durations would be as follows:
- 3 - 6 days
- 7 - 13 days
- 14 - 20 days
- 21+ days
General types of cars available for hire in New Zealand are:
- Economy - generally hold 4 people and 2 pieces of
luggage and are 1.3L
- Compact - generally hold 5 people and 2 large pieces
of luggage and are 1.5 - 1.6L
- Intermediate - generally hold 5 people and 3 pieces
of luggage and are 1.8L
- Standard - generally hold 5 people and 3 large pieces
of luggage and are 2.0L
- Full Size - generally hold 5 people and 4 pieces
- 4WD - generally hold 5 people and 3 pieces of luggage
- Van - generally hold 8 people and 6 pieces of luggage
Please follow the link for more information relating to New
Zealand: Car Rental New Zealand.